Nav

Image Map

Sunday, November 1, 2015

November Currently

It's officially November and that means I need to put "change classroom calendar" at the top of my to-do list for tomorrow morning.  Thanksgiving is like the shining beacon of hope at the end of this month but it seems so, so far away. Especially since we don't get a whole week off this year like we did last year. People complained about it. What's to complain about? But I digress...

Here I am ready for November, ready for a great week in first grade, and more than ready to link up with Farley for Currently. It's one of the few things keeping me on the blogging track these days. If there were only a few more hours in the day...


Listening: Should I be asleep right now? Possibly. But at least the silence is a step in the right direction, right?

Loving: I recently ordered one of those de-stressing coloring books for adults and let me tell you, I am obsessed! I also ordered a pack of crayola pip-squeak markers and some prisma-color pencils to accompany my new hobby. I could do this all day.


Thinking: Well, this week is finally my preconference, with my evaluation being Tuesday-Thursday next week. Yes, I said Tuesday-Thursday. Why? Because this crazy teacher has decided to try something all new for her evaluation and instead of having my principal watch one 45 minute lesson, I am having her observe three different 15 minute lessons. This year, I started teaching with Tara West's close reading packs and wanted to see what my principal thinks. Am I totally going to regret this? We'll see...

Wanting: My favorite holiday is right around the corner and I am brimming with excitement! I've already loaded up my Amazon cart with some goodies and have a bunch of stuff bookmarked for various family members.

Needing: When am I not needing this? Maybe I should get out of bed and work in my coloring book :)

Yummy: Oh sweet heavens. My granny's candied sweet potatoes were the greatest thing on Earth. I don't care if you don't like sweet potatoes - you would have loved these. I give my mom some serious credit for using her recipe every year but we all know that nothing beats the original.

And now I leave you with a picture of my Jingle-cat, clearly loving on Halloween.

4 comments:

  1. I really need to get one of those coloring books! Good luck with the observation!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cat is so cute! I have a weakness for dressing up my fur baby. I keep seeing these coloring books everywhere, maybe I need to try it! I have an observation this week too. Somehow they just make your day a bit more stressful and I come home that much more tired. Good luck!


    -Katie
    http://thepawsitivepencil.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard a lot about those coloring books and how amazing they are. I really think I need to try one out. Good luck on your eval!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute picture-the cat doesn''t even seem to mind! :) I love to color-will have to look for one of those books.
    Not Just Child's Play

    ReplyDelete