Nav

Image Map

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Some Summer-y Favorites

There are so many things to love about summer. For example, it's only 11:30 in the morning and I have already eaten breakfast, taken (and passed!) the Illinois Reading Teacher licensure test, gone to the gym, and showered. I wish I was this productive every day...

Anyways, I am linking up with the Teaching Trio to share some of my favorite things about summer. Join in the summer fun over at their blog! We all deserve a little summer celebration, after all.


1. If you know me, it's no secret that I love my sleep. Despite the fact that I'm usually in my classroom by 6:30 in the morning, I am not a morning person. At all. I love shutting off that alarm and feeling fully rested!

2. Before the year even ended, I was already thinking about the new things I wanted to try out in my classroom next year. The summer gives me plenty of time to go Pinterest crazy, try out any DIY projects, cut, print, laminate, design, upload, etc. I am hoping to get some new products finished in time for the fall and am also wanting to update a few aspects of my classroom design. I love the creative aspect of teaching and love having the time off to focus on it!

3. Of course not having to work means extra time to spend with those that I love. When I got my current teaching job, I moved to a smaller town about three hours away from where I grew up. In the summer I can make the trip home and not have to worry about returning in time for work on Monday morning. I can't wait to hang out and catch up with loved ones.

Whether you've already started your summer or are still counting down, join us for some link-up fun!

2 comments:

  1. I found you through the link up! :) Your number two hits my summer right on the head. All of my pinterest projects are becoming more and more!! Have a great summer!
    Cassie
    Mrs. Thomas's Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also choose creating and spending time with family. I'm most creative in the summer time as I'm so preoccupied during the school year it's time to think all my ideas through. Have a wonderful summer vacation!

    ReplyDelete