Nav

Image Map

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Wordless Wednesday: First Grade Profanity

This week's picture really speaks for itself. We were responding to The Magic Pot, which is a story about a pot that won't stop spilling syrup all over the place.


Okay, okay - maybe what she really meant to say was "thank you" (in the story, they got the pot to stop by thanking it for the maple syrup). Then again, I might have a few choice words for a pot that spills syrup all over my pristinely clean apartment.

Have you ever had any funny instances of accidental profanity in your classroom?


Now go link up with Christina! Happy hump day!

3 comments:

  1. Just today I watched a boy in my class try to write the word 'can't' but it was really something very different. Needless to say I helped him correct it as it was a lovely piece of writing otherwise!
    Growing Little Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had the can't (not saying can't) problem before too! My latest one was a student writing Mrs. Rigsby is on a bike, but they got their d and b mixed up... needless to say, my fellow teachers got a big kick out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my! I got the biggest laugh out of this. I once had a student retelling a story about a Native American boy and the wild boar he "caught". The boar had run under his legs, and he rode it into the village. The student who was retelling the story, however, changed the /b/ sound to /h/. When I correct him kindly, he insisted, "No. It was a wild wh.... Remember? He was RIDING it in the VILLAGE!" Yikes!
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete