Nav

Image Map

Monday, August 31, 2015

Teacher Week 2015: Five Fun Facts

Anyone else find themselves having a serious case of the Mondays lately? Sure, Monday was no problem-o for me during the summer because it was just like any other day of the week - but now that I'm back in the land of first graders, I find myself begging for just one more day tacked on to the end of my weekends.

One thing that's bound to brighten up your Monday is that Blog Hoppin' is back with Teacher Week 2015! Today's post is for sharing five fun facts about yourself. So here goes! 


1. I have never had a glass of milk. Ever. My bones are probably crumbling into dust right now as we speak. I was born deathly allergic and over the course of almost 12 years, I slowly outgrew it. But after all that time my taste buds thought milk was the yuckiest thing ever. I'm definitely a water girl.

2. I'm a sorority girl. I spent all four years of college as a member (and executive board member) of the Delta Zeta sorority. It was one of the best decisions of my life and I am proud to say that I "paid" for my friends ;)
Some sisters and I at a DZ leadership conference in Oxford, OH. I'm third from left.
3. I am a big hockey fan. But really, how could you not be if you're from Chicago?! I'd go to every game if I could.
My brother, me, and my dad at a Hawks game in St. Louis this past winter. Hawks win!
4. My mom is my absolute hero and role model. We've had our moments of not seeing eye-to-eye (I inherited my stubbornness from her...) but at the end of the day she is my best friend and the one person who knows me better than I know myself sometimes. Did I mention she is also a teacher?
Before my senior prom - She hates taking pictures and this is unfortunately one of the most recent ones I have!
5. I 110% love to teach. Even on my hardest days, I can't imagine doing anything else. I am constantly thinking about teaching and reading about teaching and planning for teaching. It's kind of an obsession. But it's great because my passion and my profession truly become one.

No comments:

Post a Comment