Nav

Image Map

Sunday, August 24, 2014

A Peek at Week #3

I can't believe it's already time to plan for another week! 



Last year, I felt that my early writing lesson plans were a hot mess. I've always loved to write but did not realize how challenging it can be when many first graders come in with very little writing knowledge. I made the mistake of trying to jump right into narratives before my kids were ready, so this year we are starting slow with Deanna and Deedee's Writing Through the Year Unit 1: My Pictures Tell a Story. So far so good - their units are fantastic for beginning writers!


Another new thing I am trying this year is slowly introducing my word work activities one day at a time. I'm hoping this will help more kids become independent quicker since they are explicitly taught each activity and are not presented with too many choices off the bat. View my word work activities bundle here.

On a final note, both my Commutative Concentration and Cookie Addition products are offered for free at my TPT store! 

No comments:

Post a Comment