Nav

Image Map

Monday, August 25, 2014

One Week Until Labor Day {Monday Made-It}

Four more days. Four. More. Days. Then we've got a glorious, much needed three day weekend. Can you tell I'm excited? I'm definitely excited.

Tara at 4th Grade Frolics has announced that this is the last of the weekly made-its. While I look forward to them every week, I am a bit relieved - I am so busy that I am running out of things to share each week! Hopefully I'll deliver more quality ideas once we are back on the once-per-month schedule :)


Today I got to try out one of my newest products - Cookie Addition! I was a bit nervous having the kids try it out today, since today was the very first time I explicitly taught them how to write addition number sentences. I was very happily surprised when I saw how well they picked up on this task! It is great for practicing addition and writing number sentences - my tactile learners liked that they could "tap" each chocolate chip with their pencil when seeing how many there were in all. And the best news? Cookie Addition is free at my TPT store!


These aren't new. Nor were they my original idea (however, the person who first thought of this deserves some sort of medal or something!) Love my weekly organization drawers. I am sad that some of the letters are starting to peel off (darn that Midwestern humidity). When I redo them, I'll probably type the labels onto the paper so I don't face this problem again. Regardless - Love. These. Drawers.


Okay, so I didn't create these. Credit goes to Reagan from Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits. But technically I did make them. With my glue stick. And a fancy piece of black construction paper. I even laminated them. Awful attempt at a made-it but hey, if you didn't know about Reagan's fantastically free workshop posters, you do now!

I promise to save up some better made-its for next time around!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder about Labor day! I will keep remembering that this week!

    Ms. King's Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I just nominated you for the Liebster Award. :)

    http://taraloutea.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-liebster-award_25.html

    ReplyDelete