Nav

Image Map

Monday, August 4, 2014

Back to School Monday Made-It!

Back to school countdown: One week until teacher inservice, which means one week + a day until my room is once again filled with first graders! I'm feeling real good about year two. Like, really really good. As far as firsts go, I wouldn't change a thing about my first year and am hoping my second will be even better!

In hopes of rocking this blogging thing the second time around, I'm linking up with Tara at 4th Grade Frolics to show off some things I've been working on!

Okay, so last year so many of my kiddo's "go home" folders were a hot mess. We're talking piles and piles of papers shoved in haphazardly and (sadly) oftentimes not checked by parents. This year I'm taking charge and attempting to alleviate the problem with these labels! Grab it for free at my TPT store. All paid products are also 20% off in celebration of the blast-off back to school sale!

Okay, I know you've seen Maria Manore's awesome sight word freebie at her blog, Kinder-Craze. I knew I had to jump on the bandwagon and make some for my classroom! I found both the labels and the bright index cards at Staples.

The mid-summer jitters seriously hit me around mid-July, after my grad school classes ended. You know, the ones where you actually have a free moment and you feel like you need to be doing something productive with your time. Cue Pinspiration! I followed this tutorial to create some wall art for my master bathroom in my apartment. And you know what? It actually turned out alright for once!

No comments:

Post a Comment